Basilica of Our Lady of Guanajuato


  • CATEGORY: Interest places
  • PHONES: (473) 73-2-56-79

REVIEW

The old parish of Guanajuato until 1957, when it was elevated to Basilica. Its construction began in 1771 and ended in 1796, covering all the mining costs of the place. In the latter year, the image of the Virgin of Guanajuato was taken to the basilica, where it still remains. It has three entry doors; each one with a façade in pink quarry in mannerist baroque, outstanding the main façade, on which the 3-part bell tower was built in the same time and style; besides the clock tower there is another tower of lower dimensions and in a beautiful 18th century churrigueresque style.

ADDRESS

Ponciano Aguilar No. 7 Col. Centro, Guanajuato 7, Col. Guanajuato Centro, C.P. 36000, Guanajuato, Guanajuato

CONTACT

Tel. (473) 73-2-56-79

ACTIVITIES OF THIS PRECINCT

800CULTURA2858872