Church and Convent of Saint Anthony of Padua


  • CATEGORY: Interest places
  • PHONES: (442) 212-04-16

REVIEW

The foundation of this convent goes back to 1613; the first custodian of the convent of Saint Anthony was Brother Gabriel de los Ángeles. Its church stands out because of its simplicity, it is a balanced structure with a great aesthetic value, which brings together symbolism and architecture.

Juan Caballero y Osio gave beautiful carved wooden altarpieces, gilded with ornaments and jewels, which, unfortunately, were destroyed on 1861 by the Liberals.

On 1867, the church was turned into military headquarters until the end of the siege of the city. On 1878 started the works for the renovation of the temple, which were made by Brother Manuel Vázquez.

ADDRESS

Ángela Peralta 16, esquina con Corregidora, Col. Centro, C.P. 76000, Querétaro, Querétaro

CONTACT

Tel. (442) 212-04-16