National Cinematheque



REVIEW

The National Cinematheque of Mexico opened its doors on January 17th, 1974. Ever since and up to date, it accomplishes the task of preserving the film memory, national as well as of the world, and promote the cinematographic culture in our country.

In 1977, the Cinematheque became an active member of FIAF (International Federation of Film Archives), on that time it started to be the headquarters and organizer of the International Film Festival. In 1980 it was organized, for the first time, the International Forum, a space reserved -for emerging and avant-garde filmmakers.

After the fire of March 1982, in its original premises of Churubusco Studios, the new premises were inaugurated on January 27th, 1984, and thus the Square of Composers of 389 México-Coyoacán Avenue became the new home of the National Cinemathque. Years later, on November 22nd, 1994, were inaugurated five vaults for the preservation of film as well as iconographic material. In 2011, it was necessary to modernize and expand the premises and the spaces.

Currently, it has ten cinemas, an Outdoors Forum, a digital video library, and a documentation center, besides an exhibition gallery and a digital restoration lab.

ADDRESS

Av. México-Coyoacán 389, Col. Xoco, C.P. 3330, México, Ciudad de México

OPENNING HOURS

From Monday to Sunday, 09:00 hrs.

PRICES

$50

DISCOUNTS

$30 para menores de 25 años, estudiantes y adultos mayores. Martes y miércoles, ambos días el costo del boleto es de $30 para cualquier función.

CONTACT

Conmutador y/o cartelera telefónica
Tel. Cartelera telefónica: (55) 4155 1190
info@cinetecanacional.net

ACTIVITIES OF THIS PRECINCT