Catacombs Meson de San Antonio


  • CATEGORY: Interest places
  • PHONES: (473) 732 1073 y 1523

REVIEW

The Meson de San Antonio (Tavern of Saint Anthony) was built by Vicente Manuel de Sardaneta, First Marquis de Rayas, and dates from 1776. It is an enormous building with an extended patio and plants on every side. It integrates sections of rooms, kitchen, dining room and social area. It has an original two story warehouse to keep merchandise in the rear patio.  When these kind of places were no longer in use, it became a boarding house maintaining its appearance. Today, this building is headquarters of the Direction of Cultural Extension of the University of Guanajuato and in their first patio presents different events throughout the year.  

ADDRESS

Calle Alonso 12, Col. Guanajuato Centro, C.P. 36000, Guanajuato, Guanajuato

PRICES

Entrada libre.

SERVICIOS

Cultural events area | Conferences | Concerts

CONTACT

Cynthia Isabel Rangel Beltrán
Tel. (473) 732 1073 y 1523
crangel@ugto.mx