Temple and Former Convent of Saint Monica


  • CATEGORY:

REVIEW

The temple has an image of the Lord of Wonders that is venerated by pilgrims who come from all the city to visit this image of Christ on his way to the Calvary. The kitchen decorated with talavera represents the Andalusian and Baroque legacy of the New Spain. This precinct is the place where the Augustinian nuns created the chile en nogada (chiles in walnut sauce) to welcome Iturbide. The former convent remained clandestine since 1957 until 1934, therefore, one has to go across a house in order to arrive to the place that harbors the museum of religious art.

ADDRESS

5 de Mayo, Cntro Histórico, CP 72000 1607, Puebla, Puebla

ACTIVITIES OF THIS PRECINCT

800CULTURA2858872