Regional Museum of Guadalajara



REVIEW

 

The museum is located in one of the most appreciated buildings by the people in Guadalajara, both for its extraordinary beauty and architectural harmony and its age (it was build between 1742 and 1758) and its multiple purposes throughout the history of the city: seat of the Council Seminary of Saint Joseph (founded in 1699); jail and quarter (1810); high school for boys and state public library (from February 8, 1818 to December 2, 1860).

During the War of the Three Years, it shared its space with the Executive Branch of the State while the palace of government was being repaired. In 1917 it housed the Conservatory of Jalisco. On November 10, 1918 it opened as the Museum of Fine Arts and in 1923 it changed its name to Museum of Guadalajara, although it became popularly known as museum of the state whose first director was Ixca Farías.

ADDRESS

Liceo 60. Centro, C.P. 43100 , Col. Guadalajara Centro, C.P. 44100, Guadalajara, Jalisco

OPENNING HOURS

From Tuesday to Saturday, 09:00 - 17:30 hrs.
Entrada libre: estudiantes, maestros y personas de la tercera edad. Los domingos, todo el público
domingo, 09:00 - 16:30 hrs.

PRICES

$60

SERVICIOS

Guide visits | Bookstore | Auditorium

CONTACT

Tel. (33) 3613 2703, 614 2227
museoregionalguadalajara@hotmail.com

ACTIVITIES OF THIS PRECINCT

Life for Life

December 05 to 29 2019

December 05 2019 to February 23 2020

December 05 2019 to February 23 2020

The History of Jalisco

April 13 2017 to December 30 2020

Ethnography of Jalisco

April 01 2017 to December 30 2019

Painting of the 18th Century

April 01 2017 to December 30 2020

Virtual Tour across the Regional Museum of Guadalajara

January 01 2016 to December 31 2020