Ex Teresa Modern Art



REVIEW

The baroque style building that lodges this museum, is located between the National Palace and the Templo Mayor in Mexico City, and it worked as the Convent of Santa Teresa la Antigua and the Monastery of San José of the Discalced Carmelites, and it was founded in 1616. When the exclaustracion of the nuns finished in 1863, the building had several uses, such as military quarter, teacher’s school for men, University of Vasconcelos, printing-house for the Official Diary,and Archive for the Ministry of Hacienda. Currently, it belongs to a non-profitable organization sponsored by the National Institute of Fine Arts.  The phase as a cultural center began in 1993, after major structural  adaptations which combine former and modern architecture. This space is perfect for non-conventional artistic expressions, among these, installations, performances and multimedia. Its main objective is the study and diffusion of contemporary art from Mexico and from the world it has a reference center specialized on videos, catalogs and alterative art publications. It offers guided visits, courses, workshops, series of video, book presentations and concerts. It is seat of the Journeys to Level Oxygen, the International Festival of Sonorous Art and the International Biennale of Performance.

ADDRESS

Lic. Primo Verdad 8 , Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 6060, México, Ciudad de México

OPENNING HOURS

From Monday to Sunday, 10:00 - 18:00 hrs.
El Museo cerrará el 25 de diciembre y 1 de enero

PRICES

Entrada libre.

SERVICIOS

Guide visits | Clases | Concerts

CONTACT

Tel. (55) 41228020
exteresa.difusion@inba.gob.mx

ACTIVITIES OF THIS PRECINCT