- CATEGORY: Cultural Centers, Museums
- PHONES: (442) 212 2357 y 3523
- Ver las actividades vigentes (3)
It is located in the former convent of San Agustin, which is considered one of the most important baroque cloisters in America. It was built between 1731 and 1743 under the supervision of Fray Luis Martinez Lucio. Throughout the years it was used as the House of Mayor Studies of the Augustine Province of San Nicolas de Tolentino, Michoacan, military barracks, a hospital and the Federal Palace, until it was finally restored and inaugurated as a museum on September 22, 1988.
Director Lic. Roberto González García
Tel. (442) 212 2357 y 3523