- PHONES: 01 (951) 502 0700, 502 0701
- Ver las actividades vigentes (1)
Over one hundred seventy-five years ago, on January 8th, 1827, in this capital; on San Nicolás St., currently Hidalgo Av., The Institute of Sciences and Arts opened its doors to the Oaxacan youth, now it’s called Benito Juárez Autonomous University of Oaxaca. When knowledge was cultivated within the monasteries, the first universities emerged as ecclesiastic institutions: The University of Paris, the University of Salamanca and after them, the University of Mexico, when only priests could aspire to be learned and wise people and only through them, knowledge and wisdom can be reached.
Tel. 01 (951) 502 0700, 502 0701