Main Square of Acapulco (Álvarez Plaza)


  • CATEGORY: Interest places

REVIEW

It was formerly known as Plaza de Armas (Weapon Main Square) of the city, custom of the main plazas in the New Spain. During the Viceroyalty, the square was invaded several times by the sea, once, in August 30th, 1754 when an eruption of Colima Volcano, caused stong earthquakes in the region. It was named Álvarez Plaza in 1889, it was also known as Álvarez Garden due to the large number of trees and green areas that integrate it.

ADDRESS

Costera M. Alemán s/n, esquina con Jesús Carranza, Col. Acapulco de Juárez Centro, C.P. 39300, Acapulco de Juárez, Guerrero

PRICES

Entrada libre.