- CATEGORY: Cultural Centers
- PHONES: (664) 6881 742
The building is part of the Cultural Historical Heritage of the city for being one of the oldest buildings in Tijuana. It dates back to 1921, when it was used for federal government offices and the Distrito Norte. From 1954 to 1986 it housed the office for the City Hall of Tijuana. Afterwards, it was used for stores until 1988 to be the headquarters of the recently created Municipal Institute of Art and Culture.
Its remodeling began in 2003, and on November 17th, 2006 it was re-inaugurated with the name of Palace of the Culture. Today, it is the headquarters of the Municipal Institute of Art and Culture. It has an area of 1,250 sq. meters and includes and auditorium, multipurpose rooms, Braulio Maldonado Library, Gallery of the City, Historical Archive of Tijuana, and Museum of History of Tijuana, exhibit halls and patios for concerts.
Tel. (664) 6881 742