Religious Art Museum Former Convent of Santa Mónica



REVIEW

The Religious Art Museum Former Convent of Santa Mónica was inaugurated on 1938, in a building of the 16th century, with modifications made on the 18th, and a larger intervention made on the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Comprising two levels, it was preceded by a building that was completely intervened between the 19th and 20th centuries, which served as house, with the typological and formal features of the eclectic architecture of the time.

After crossing the access door, one arrives to the small lobby leading to the top floor, where the administrative area and the sanitary services are located, and to the Courtyard of the Professes, from the 18th century, with walls covered with bricks and tiles, portals and a monumental stair, with a cloister and garden.

This space distributes the access to rooms in both levels, and marks the tour across the kitchen, the refectory, the library, the Saint Augustine hallway, the Courtyard for Novices, the chapel, and the low and high choruses.

ADDRESS

Av. 18 Poniente 103 , Puebla, Puebla

OPENNING HOURS

From Tuesday to Sunday, 10:00 - 17:00 hrs.
Entrada libre: Estudiantes, maestros y mayores de 60 años con credencial vigente. Los domingos entrada libre al público en general.

PRICES

$40

CONTACT

Tel. 01 (222) 232 0178
museo_santamonica@yahoo.com.mx

ACTIVITIES OF THIS PRECINCT

The Shawl, Attire of the China Poblana

September 02 to 30 2017

Protection for the Angels

April 07 to October 15 2017

Know the Religious Art Museum in a Virtual Tour

December 07 2015 to December 07 2017